DINNER THIS WEEK: PAN-SEARED HERBED VENISON STEAKS WITH PARMESAN GARLIC STEAK FRIES
Hunting season is quickly approaching and it’s time to make some room in the freezer. Just pull some venison steaks out, shoot your bow, and do some scouting while waiting for them to thaw. This fast and simple meat and potatoes combo is the perfect summer meal.
- 4 6oz Venison Steaks
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
For the Steak Fries
- 2.5 lbs Red Potatoes cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped fine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a medium to large bowl add the potatoes, oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and toss with hands until all ingredients are well combined.
- On a sheet tray lined with parchment paper, dump the potatoes out in a single layer. Place the potatoes in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- While the Potatoes are cooking, place a large cast iron skillet on the stove top and heat to medium high.
- Season both sides of the steaks with the fresh rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- Once the skillet is starts to smoke add the butter and swirl around the pan to coat it. Place the steaks on the skillet very carefully.
- Allow steaks to cook for 2-3 minutes before turning. You want to get a nice crust to form.
- Flip the steaks and sear for an additional 3-4 minutes for medium rare or longer if you like your steak more well done.
- Remove steaks from the pan and place on a plate with the steak fries. Pour the juices from the skillet over the steak.
Recipe From: Jonathan Lance